Currently BBEMA is seeking an energetic, organized, conscientious individual for a 20 week intern position as an Environmental Projects Coordinator.
Main duties and responsibilities:
The overall scope of work will include a blend of project management (e.g. coordinating field work, data base management, writing reports, meeting with project stakeholders) and field work (assist in the biological inventory and monitoring research, development, delivery and evaluation of environmental research projects, supervision of summer staff, purchasing, inventory and maintenance of project supplies and field equipment). Additional duties to include: developing, coordinating and delivering of BBEMA’s Environmental Education Programs accurately and enthusiastically with elementary/secondary schools and youth groups.
Administrative tasks, Interpret and adhere to project proposals and contribution agreements, this includes but is not limited to tracking time in-kind, adherence to project budgets, project activities evaluation, reports, budgetary requirements.
Demonstrated management skills including: problem solving, analytical and organizational skills, innovation, creativity and innovation
The Requirements: the successful candidate will;
• Hold a degree or diploma in biology or environmental science and/or have a background in biology, natural sciences, education, environmental education or related field of studies, or an acceptable combination of education, training and experience
• Expertise and demonstrated success in providing educational workshops to youth and in coordinating people, projects and data.
• Good public speaking and presentation skills and the ability to actively involve people of various ages and educational levels in education activities
• Valid First Aid and CPR certification to be obtained at BBEMA’s expense no later than one months from date of employment. Maintenance of these certificates is a condition of continued employment.
• Valid Class Driver’s License and full time access to a vehicle is mandatory.
Demonstrated leadership experience, particularly related to education and outreach and/or demonstrated management skills including: problem solving, analytical and organizational skills, innovation, creativity and innovation will be considered an asset
Ability to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment of competing priorities
Term: approx. 5 months starting May 27 2014 – October 20 2014 – There is a possibility of extension based on available funding.
Salary $14.00/hr (37.5 hrs/wk)
A letter of interest (including a detailed resume) should be mailed or emailed to
Bedeque Bay Environmental Management Association
1929 Nodd Road Emerald
PE C0B 1M0
or to email@example.com and be delivered by May 12, 2014.